The XBMC Update application was designed to be a small tool that downloads and updates the latest third party community builds of XBMC.
Windows Vista Users: if you have XBMC installed in C:Program Files or any other system folder, XBMCUpdate should be started with admin right otherwise it will not have access right to update XBMC. To start XBMCUpdate as admin, right click on the icon and click on “Run as administrator”. If you have XBMCUpdate setup in windows scheduler make sure you have the option “Run with highest privileges checked”.
Command line arguments:
/Tray — Causes the app to launch in minimized state, recommended if you are adding XBMCUpdate to your system startup or windows schedule
/Update — Causes the app to initiate and update upon start and terminate itself 5 seconds after completion.
xbmcupdate.exe /tray /update –start in tray, update and shutdown
xbmcupdate.exe /update — start, update and shutdown while showing you the progress and status.
If you are going to use any of these parameters remember to set your XBMC path in ‘xbmcupdate.exe.confg’ or run a manual update for the first time (start without arguments and click update.).
XBMC Update is a small tool that downloads and updates third party builds of XBMC. Compared to the manual installation process using XBMC repositories, XBMCUpdate is an easy to use tool, and it does more than just update the software. You can update just about anything that uses or includes the XBMC libraries, including skins, add-ons, and live TV tuners.
You can copy / paste update.txt, instead of running XBMCUpdate, to start the application from the command line.
One of the main benefits of XBMCUpdate is that it automatically searches for updates on the internet and downloads and installs them.
While XBMC Update is being used, the XBMC library is not loaded so you cannot use XBMC. You can download updates while playing, watching live TV or playing 3D games.
Besides updating XBMC, XBMC Update can update the menu of your home theater/Multimedia PC as well as other applications, such as Trueplay, AirPlay, and DLNA.
XBMC Update Supports all of the following XBMC versions:
XBMC 14.0 (and the most recent beta)
XBMC 19.2 (and the most recent beta)
Version History and Information Source:
Version 3.0 – XBMC 13.0 (and the most recent beta) support. Windows build must be compiled and runs on top of Windows Vista. VHF/UHF add-on support.
Version 2.5 – XBMC 13.0 (and the most recent beta) support, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit support.
Version 2.4 – XBMC 12.0 and 14.0 (and the most recent beta) support, Windows 7 32-bit support
Version 2.3 – Updates the skin and change the XBMC indicator icon as well as adding Russian language support. XBMC 12.0 and XBMC 14.0 (and the most recent beta) support.
Version 2.2 – Adds support for
When you start this application you will see a ‘Tray icon’ which is already set to start the application automatically.
The option to update on startup or windows schedule is also present. When this option is checked in the start menu it will start XBMCUpdate with a’minimized’ appearance. As mentioned earlier you must add /update to the command line arguments to update with not only show progress and status but also terminate.
This application will update XBMC’s source to the latest downloaded zip files everytime it is launched.
This app needs working internet connection to update. Any kind of internet connection will be just fine.
Find more informations on the FAQ section to get more informations and help.
XBMC Update Application Features:
– The newest build is shown at the top of the list.
– Newer version are always shown at the bottom of the list.
– Each build version is marked with a number, status, progress, size and date.
– You may comment on each build.
– You may delete and add build.
– You may show the list of build you have downloaded and installed to your system.
– You may update or uninstall XBMC builds with one click.
– If the download and update fails the build will be skipped.
– The application will notify you if any XBMC source has been updated.
– The application will show an option in the tray to update XBMC when a new download and update is available.
– The application will show an option in the menu to update the builds when a new build is available.
– The application will show the date, size and progress when starting to update or install a new build.
– The application will be notifcated when a new build version is available on the internet.
– The application will be notifcated when new builds are added to the application.
– The application will be notifcated when a newer build is available and the newer build is also not installed.
– XBMC Update can be used to update to the newest build of XBMC.
– XBMC Update can be used to update all XBMC builds available when the application is started with the “/update” option.
– XBMC Update can be used to update a specific XBMC build with a build number not specified.
– XBMC Update can be used to update a specific build by it’s folder path
-For those who know what is the meaning of codec, see the meaning of codec section here.
-xbmcupdate app (XBMCUpdate application) allows you to update xbmc packages in several ways:
-1. Download a build of xbmc
-2. Update a currently installed xbmc-package to it’s latest version
-3. Update a currently installed xbmc-package to a given build
-4. Get a list of currently installed packages
-You can use the following arguments:
-/Tray – starts the application in minimized state
-/Update – to update the xbmc packages in the running application
-/Start – starts application, hides tray icon and runs in the background
-/Update – to update the packages in the running application
-Please note that you must have Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 or higher installed, otherwise you cannot update XBMC.
-Currently there are a number of updated build of XBMC, made by afxdirect, grolos and others.
-For more information check out this site
-xbmcupdate is a single-threaded application and will show a progress bar when updating packages.
-xbmcupdate is a self-removing application as it will remove itself when it finishes.
-The application is coded to use as little resources as possible, this means that it does not show a windows upon startup or shutdown.
-Note: Before you update your xbmc packages, it’s a good idea to first run ‘xbmcupdate package list’ to make sure that you don’t get some unwanted broken packages.
-This application is licensed under GPL. You can find the readme file in the “Support” folder.
-A donation of 1 Euro is very much appreciated, you will receive a thank you mail or a random goodie code from dutch to english language.
-If you have any problems or comments, please send an mail to [email protected]
-Note: The icon in the tray is a fake – this is because I cannot find an icon with the name “xbmcupdate
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz or greater
2GB video card
550MB available HDD space
Windows XP (SP3)
If you want to play the full game or if you’re running Vista, this version won’t run, but the game will run just fine on Windows 7. The download also includes the playable demo.
As I’m nearing the end of the week with some pretty slow progress on Splinter, the